NEW PLAN OF ACTION TO BAIL OUT THE NATION:
BAILING OUT WALL ST VERSUS THE AMERICAN WORKER: MAINSTREAM MACRO-ECONOMY VERSUS HOLISTIC AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT ON THE LATEST FEDERAL FINANCIAL IMBROGLIO
After having spent trillions of dollars for an oil and prestige war in the Mid-East, after having nationalized (i.e. socialized via taxpayers' labor) mortgage companies (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), the US Government (Federal Reserve and Treasury under the aegis of the present Republican group), new proponents against the "free market", have used the paper money printing press machine to bail out via a massive 85,000,000,000 dollars the insurer American International Group Inc (AIG) and to top it off, the federal Government is now requesting Congress to infuse an additional 700 billion dollars bailout of Wall Street, those financial institutions whose agents have been a structural cause to over-speculation, over-lending, high interest rates, hyper-inflation and mis-development. And this doesn't even address the recent close out of the largest loan bank whose direction ran out of liquidity (Wamu), let alone the countries 12 trillion mortgage in outstanding debt and the Nation's 11 trillion national debt.
QUESTION ONE: WAS THERE ANOTHER MORE REASONABLE AND HOLISTIC MANNER OF USING PUBLIC FINANCE THAN WAR AND WALL STREET BAIL OUTS ?
Instead of coming to the rescue of greedy institutions, this bailout amount could have been distributed back to the American worker, in whatever legal form: tax credit, State indemnity or Presidential bonus for the People's basic needs such as equal access to holistic health, genuine access to alternative energies, access to bio-material housing and for the benefit of industrial tobacco cessation.
QUESTION TWO: IN THIS PERSPECTIVE, THE AMERICAN WORKER COULD HAVE RECEIVED HOW MUCH ?
Assuming there are one hundred million American workers, if we only consider the AIGC bailout, this would come out to 850 dollars for each American worker (850 dollars X 100, 000,000 = 85,000,000,000 $).
To which we can add the projected "Iraqi end the war decision" savings of one trillion dollars cost a year (i.e. 1,000,000,000,000 dollars).
By diverting this money back to the worker, this would amount to roughly 10,000 dollars for each American laborer.
Thus, if we add the two savings, each American worker would get a 10,850 dollars tax credit and-or Presidential bonus at the end of this year.
QUESTION THREE: IN TERMS OF BASIC NEEDS SATISFACTION, WHAT COULD EACH WORKER DO WITH THESE FUNDS ?
1. A preventive holistic health insurance plan of one thousands dollars per year (See measures 1 to 12 of the Action Plan).
2. Five thousands dollars for the French Indian made air compressor car (See measures 20 to 27 of the Action Plan for the details and in particular, via this link or air cars).
3. Three thousands dollars for building small strawbale-cob (and other sustainable bio-material) simple dome homes (click here for an illustration, the small dome on the left, dirt cheap and easy to build) and or for green building betterment (See measures 20 to 27).
4. 850 dollars for each cigarette smoker in the country to get detoxed via efficient alternative therapies cessation programs (see measures 15 to 19)
Requiring, by law, the use of the extra funds in these four fields would result in the following:
1. Instead of 1 in 7 of American dollars going in the sickness industries, one in 100 American dollars would go to public health, the wellness and holistic health clinics industries (cost which would be less expensive as public health improves, year after year, see the Campaign's Action Plan).
2. Instead of billions of dollars of fossil fuel pollutions and trillions of dollars for oil baron wars, (today the Iraqi war costs roughly 400 millions dollars a day), the world would be more peaceful and prosperous while most of American cars would function on air compressor engine technology. We would need however to find a deal with the inventors of the air compressor car so that American car industries could use this technology in situ so that American car workers would not lose their job.
3. Green building technology would solve part of the mortgage, homelessness and criminality crisis as this tax credit initiative would give the empetus to self build inexpensive bio material homes so that all workers would have a decent and sustainable non toxic shelter.
4. Finally, for the conversion of most of American cigarettes smokers into non smokers (and the enactment of concomitant criminal laws against industrial additives tobacco production - except for home grown tobacco, which remains an excellent organic insecticide), this measure would also save the country trillions of dollars while encouraging sustainable agriculture on tobacco lands and promoting the People's health.
In addition, we could impose a one thousand dollars tax on this sum (a little less than ten percent) if it were a Presidential bonus or grant, that which would amount to one billion extra dollars the US government could use in the following manner:
1. Financing human rights lighthouse clinics in all 50 states, mandated in favor of a public ethics rehabilitation program (via constitutional law and internationally recognized human rights training sessions) for all State workers (including the top elected officials).
2. Organizing the equal access to civil justice for all via legal pro se basic law training in the aforementioned lighthouse clinics and via pre-paid legal services.
3. The structuring of task forces to examine the feasibility of ensuring for all equal access to higher and relevant education.
4. The unleashing of a national think tank campaign in all towns which would seriously look into a legal four days work week and how best to achieve this goal within four years.
5. The organization of a panel which would examine the possibility of constructing a Statue of Responsibility in the Seattle bay area, one which would give an extra piece of life to the forgotten Statue of Liberty on the East Coast (the one the terrorist missed).
Moreover, in this Finance Plan, we aren't even considering what could have been done with the 700 billions the Federal Government is requesting from Congress to bail out further Wall Street financial institutions. With this amount, we can plant sufficient amounts of trees and sustainable communities world wide, which would provide food, shelter and health for all, thereby avoiding (or minimizing) trans-frontier environmental degradation, epidemics, terrorism, illegal immigration and inter-state conflicts.
As for what we could have done with still extra funds if the unilateral American military-industrial-university (mainstream science) complex were replaced (or at the very least, moderated) with an efficient multilateral security and eco-development academic system, just use your creative imagination, as the candidate has during the gubernatorial campaign on the Federal Government's public finance critical appraisal (Please click here for this July-August 2008 campaign trail piece)
And what is true federally also applies for Washington State and for each of our lives. Once in the right direction, whatever ressources we have, if sustainable and enlightened with Reason, we would be investing in our unifying "Garden of Eden" and human Mission. Washington State benefits from precious ressources and a rich biotop from which the State could become a leader in the industrial hemp industry (as have initiated a few other American States including recently the State of Vermont) with which green buildings, textiles, paper, energy, omega 3 rich food (we talking of the hemp plant which is not psychoactive and used world-wide in all legality, click here for the evidence) would become key industries. Likewise with the kudzu industry (replacing fossil fuels, click here for some proof). In 2003, Washington State authorities put this plant in the "noxious weeds" category, (click here to see) while remaining silent on tobacco and most of the federally approved FDA's toxic drugs. Idem on the holistic health industry (both in terms of detox and revitalization clinics and medicinal plants production, thanks to the State's rich biotop and rain forest habitat). See Action Plan for the State's many other resources.
For the evidence that all of these proposals are feasible here and now, (if the People really willed it), please see the Action Plan's measures and corresponding links.
P.S. Nothing stops the Federal Government from both bailing out its finance allies AND the People via this above-mentioned type of action plan. In the short term, bailing out Wall street to avoid a world financial collapse could make some short term sense. International panic on the financial front would be costly. But refusing to restructure priorities in the longer term as this Action Plan has attempted to would not be reasonable.
N.B. For different articles on the meaning of financial bail outs in the context of economic depressions and financial collapses, click here. As for possible remedies, see Action Plan.