HOLISTIC HEALTH ACCESS AND UNIVERSAL HEALTH-CARE ERGA OMNES
Access to universal health-care, access to holistic health service, holistic health practitioner legal status, promotion of plant-based diet and holistic health & detox centers and other mesures
WHEREAS, the health care system in Washington State, notwithstanding its strengths, including world class health care institutions and dedicated health care providers, is in need of emergency improvements so that quality and access to holistic health care becomes a reality;
WHEREAS, the State health panorama still reflects the national one:The facts: One third of Americans are obese, have diabetes and arthritis, one in two Americans will have a cancer diagnosis in his or her lifetime, likewise with cardio-vascular events.Two thirds are over-weight and stressed. Mental illness is growing to an epidemic proportion as well as many other auto-immune and “civilization diseases”. Endemic addiction to drugs involves 20 percent of Americans;
WHEREAS, in Washington State, different auto-immune diseases like multiple sclorosis and different cancers like ovarian and breast cancers and different mental ailments like seasonal affection disorder are the highest in the countries;
WHEREAS the rate of alcoholism in this State is one of the highest;
WHEREAS, the financial and suffering consequences of our public health system in the Nation are serious: one of every seven dollars goes into the sickness industry while the health-care system performs poorly in comparison to other countries like Canada, France, Germany, Sweden and Switzerland whose leaders have provided comprehensive coverage and holistic health access to their entire populations. On the other hand, hundreds of thousands of Washingtonians remain completely uninsured, while hundreds of thousands more remain inadequately covered and over 6 million Washingtonians have no meaningful access to holistic health. The resut is that thousands of Washingtonians are unable to pay medical bills and-or to remain in good health. In this perspective, the evidence shows that the inability to pay for medical bills is the leading cause of bankruptcies.
WHEREAS many Washingtonians parents are without knowledge about appropriate birthing and baby education techniques and that mistakes in this field costs the State big money;
WHEREAS, thousands of Washingtonians die prematurely each year as a result of iatrogenic (prescription medicine and negligence) and nosocomial (infection), the third cause of deaths in the country after cardio-vascular events and cancer. In this perspective, the People' s stress and pain levels are not subsiding, there is still too much recourse to the morphine drip and anti-pain pills while other more natural and less constipating and dangerous pain techniques exist. Worse, "About 1.5 million Americans are injured each year because of errors in their medications" (Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, July 20, 2006),
WHEREAS THE IOM report estimated that such errors in hospitals alone cost the health system well over $3.5 billion per year. And this does not include errors made at doctors' offices, pharmacies, long-term care facilities, and in patients' own homes. Washington State is not immune from this problem.
WHEREAS, one in two Americans and Washingtonian and one in two and a half women will have at least one cancer malignancy diagnosis in her or his lifetime and whereas “ For the first time, cancer has surpassed heart disease as the top killer of Americans under 85…” (American Cancer Society’s annual report released in 2005).
WHEREAS, "The popularity of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is considerable: the one year prevalence of CAM usage is 42 percent in the United States” (Eisenberg David et al, Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States. JAMA 1998:280:1569-75),
WHEREBY, by holistic health access, it is meant that modest income Washingtonians will have publically funded free of charge access to the recognized alternative medical and therapeutic approaches, such as naturopathy, (that which includes nutrition), chinese medicine (including acupuncture), ayervedic medicine, botanical medicine (or phytotherapy), aromatherapy, energy medicine, oxygen therapies, hyperthermia, health spa medicine, massage therapy, reiki and dozens others which will be better determined once the holistic health task force submits its recommendations.
We therefore need to make public health, universal health-care and holistic healing accessTHE priority.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, (........................................), Governor of the State of Washington, recommit to making Washington State the leader in the way we buy, exchange, use and teach holistic health Sciences, public health and universal health-care. In this perspective, it is ordered that the following measures will be put in place within the first year of my Governorship.
1. An emergency task force to examine Washingtonians health and the level of toxicity in each Washingtonian. These toxicity tests will be free of charge. Another emergency task force to examine and draft within four months after the Governor's inauguration a comparative study on what other countries have done in this vital field and on their recommendations for the State. With the Governor's team, a "universal and comprehensive holistic health Bill" will then be drafted and will go to the State Legislature for prompt enactment.
2. Weekly "fire-chats" on holistic health teachings to be aired to the public once a week, a solemn proclamation on the need to pass a Bill on holistic health access measures, to be voiced before the State Legislature and the People, another Proclamation to be addressed by the Attorney General and the Governor to all of the State's Jurisdictions on the importance to accord the People's constitutional rights to health freedoms pending legislation.
3. In this context, I will see to it that a Bill gets drafted and presented to the State Legislature on a "holistic healer legal status". The native euchinasia flower is the proposed official seal for holistic health certification, the modalities of which are to be determined via a task force mandated by the Governor.
4. Concomitantly, the State will better examine its possibilities in financing a comprehensive and universal health care system hinged on a publicly financed prevention based system. Once the Tobacco and recklessness taxes are pouring in, the State will cover the health-care costs of all low-income Washingtonians and partial costs of the mid-income class whose members are having financial difficulty to meet this basic need. Because the evidence shows that the health of People significantly improves with holitistic approaches and preventive medicine, the State health-care budget will not need to grow. On the contrary. It will diminish. As will the corresponding taxes.
5. New rules will be voted upon so that medical ethics boards can integrate integrative medicine and innovative science within the mainstream. To this end, new standards of care based on Science and new health-care positions need to be integrated. In oncology, toxicologists, naturopaths and immuno-therapists must be part of the treatment team. A special ethics drug team to be institutionalized via Statute will review the FDA's science and policies and uphold the European “precautionary principle” whereby all dubious drugs released in the health market will first need to be genuinely proven effective and non toxic before being approved for human consumption.
6. New Laws need to be enacted so that the financial health incentive structure based on education and prevention will reward the physician and the health practitioners at least as much as the actual treatment plan. In this context, diet will be a priority. The inventor Edison did proclaim: "The physician of tomorrow will base the cure on food".
7. A Declaration on the rights of patients and duties of health-care needs to be proclaimed and posted in all health buildings. In this context, new rules are needed in order for the patient to better participate in the decision making and informed consent process. Despite a few legal precedents, there are still too many State obstacles opposing innovative Science and Traditional non-conventional health approaches.
8. Strict laws and monitoring regarding conflicts of interests between industry and physicians, between "special interests" and the common good. In this perspective, oncologists must stop receiving a substantial part of their salaries from the pharmaceutical industries.
9. Innovative laws regarding the promotion of alternative birth techniques and baby education. In this legal context, i will argue before the State Legislature on the need to draft a bill to create a new licence. The license to birth babies. Future parents can have babies without any education on the consequences of this sacred act, that which costs Society great sums and efforts when babies turn out handicaped or mentally dysfunctional for life. Ignorance in this field is much more dangerous and costly for society than driving cars or fishing. Yet both of these activities require licenses. The work-shops and training for this social need can be done in the human rights and duties lighthouses that are projected to be built in all towns (See below).
10. A reform of the hospice system. The elderly too often leave Planet Earth in deplorable conditions, losing their life-long savings to get taken care of in ways that are often questionable, ie. the morphine drip. For the patients who desire dieing quickly because of a genuine terminal disease and great suffering, holistic-care pain management should be delivered promptly. Physicians who respond to assisted medication death requests from patients should not be jailed and the felony c corresponding statute should be repealed. However, a special and well contolled board should provide and enforce guidelines for patients seriously wishing to leave planet Earth.
11. A public education bill on the duty to teach truthful health sciences in all schools and in the Governor's Action Plan's human rights and duties light-house centers . With a concomitant curriculum on nutrition and holistic health for all public schools and subsidized universities. The scientifically proven health and budget superiority of wholesome organic plant-based diets is now established.
12. A concomitant bill is needed to better protect and promote the sport and wellness industries, including but not limited to health restaurants, juice bars, organic wholesome foods and "superfoods" distribution (including, but not limited to the amazing organic raw chocolate mousse), sun & meditation work breaks, and immunity building and detoxification holistic health retreat centers. Given the popular sailboating practice in the Puget sound and elsewhere in the State, it may be possible to promote this sport as a de-stressor and sun-activator health activity. The disabled of the State will be encouraged to participate in holistic health and well-ness activities. Thanks to holistic health techniques, a projected 20 percent of the State's disabled will be able to get off their disability within four years, thereby saving the State and the Nation considerable funds which will be re-inserted into the prevention field.
ON THE HEALTH INFORMATION FLUX AND HEALTH MONITORING
13. Additional measures to be put in place to emphasize evidence-based health care. Support the State Health Technology Assessment Program in order to eliminate costly, ineffective and dated treatments. that have either been shown to be unsafe, o not work, or have been replaced with better treatments.
14. Better manage chronic diseases via complementary and alternative medicine ("cam"). Continue to develop models of care for those with chronic illnesses by contracting with providers that can demonstrate improved care.
15. Make better use of information technology. Legislation passed in 2005 sets a statewide goal to have all hospitals, integrated delivery systems, and providers adopt Health information technologies by 2012. Build on the recommendations of the Health Information Infrastructure Advisory Board to meet this goal. Promote prevention, healthy lifestyles, healthy choices and a plant based diet, stronger smoking cessation incentives, physical activity and holistic centers. Create more transparency in the health care system.
16. Encourage public servants, including but not limited to health and judicial employees, to take workshops on holistic health and urge the Legislature to enact a tax incentive law for those who would go on a plant-base diet.
These efforts shall be coordinated by the Secretary of the Department of Social and Health Services, the Secretary of the Department of Health, and the Administrator of the Health Care Authority in partnership with the Governor's Office, the World Health Organization, the federal and local governments, private sector health purchasers, and other stareholders in our state’s health care system.
So it be ordered on behalf of the People of Washington State and the Common Good.
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Signed and sealed with the official seal of the state of Washington, on this..... day of .................., at Seattle, Washington.
Secretary of State
THIS EXECUTIVE ORDER WAS DRAFTED BY CHRISTIAN PIERRE JOUBERT OF THE FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS ACTION COMMITTEE DURING THE PRIMARY GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS AND ITS PROVISIONS CORRESPOND TO THE ACTION PLAN'S 38 HEALTH MEASURES (click here to check them out).